The day finally came where our jury had to choose a final winner for the New Mobility World’s startup track, the NMW Lab18.
The NMW Lab18 jury consisted of the following experts:
Ziach, Investment Manager at HTGF
- Dieter Becker, Global/EMA/German Head of Automotive and Global Account Lead Partner at KPMG Deutschland
- Karima Delli, Member of the European Parliament
- Steven Quaak, Head of Strategy, Fleetboard
- Gitte Bedford, VP at Robert Bosch Venture Capital
1. The team at Enway is building a technology platform that enables the autonomous operation of speciality vehicles such as street sweepers or waste trucks.
2. Foresight Automotive, which hails from Israel, develop advanced systems for accident prevention with the help of a multi-spectral vision solution that is based on visible and infrared sensors.
3. Bleenco is building intelligent software solutions for enhancing
4. Blickfeld develops the next generation of LiDAR sensors for autonomous mobility and IoT applications. The Munich-based startup’s mission is to enable the mass-market adoption of LiDAR-technology.
After a short welcome by our host Suzanne Newman of Startup Sesame, Bleenco, Blickfeld, Enway and Foresight each had three minutes to pitch their ideas to the jury, who then had two minutes to ask the important questions. Afterwards, the jury had 20 minutes to debate who the final winner would be.
The audience was treated to a discussion hosted by t3n magazine’s editor-in-chief, Stephan Dörner, during the Fireside Chat entitled Dangerous Liaisons: Who Wins When Startups and Corporates Collaborate? Here Philip Gneiting of Daimler, Ashley Cashion of what3words and Gerrit Dumstorff of HELLA Fast Forward elaborated on their experiences relating to the topic. The argument was made that startups choose investors such as Daimler or HELLA because they bring more to the table than VCs: They have access to fleets, clients, supply chains, and an in-depth knowledge, thus being a gateway to the entire automotive ecosystem.
Finally, the time came to announce the winner. The jury unanimously picked…